If you would like to take your class on any kind of field trip, please obtain approval from the Administrative Team before scheduling the trip. For all field trips, you must have driver release forms (and copies of driver’s license and proof of car insurance) for any potential drivers and parental release forms for each student. This is for liability reasons. We have standard forms that must be used. Please do not make your own release form. To obtain these forms, talk to the Administrative Team.
No student may be outside without a supervising adult. Parents, please supervise your child before and after Co-op.
Safety and Security
Safety and Security guidelines:
Seeds of Faith Co-op will adhere to all CrossWay Community Church safety and security policies. CWCC safety and security policies are available upon request.
Fire Evacuation Procedures:
When a fire alarm sounds, teachers and helpers should do the following:
- Remain calm. The children will take their cues from the teacher and helpers.
- Form a line in the classroom.
- Once the line is formed, the teacher should lead the line out of the classroom, out of the building, and to the predetermined rally point.
- Note to Teacher: please take a head count prior to leaving and upon exiting the building.
- Evacuation routes and rally points are posted in the classrooms.
Guidelines for excluding children with Illness:
To ensure the health of our students, children must stay home if they exhibit the following symptoms or conditions (this list covers the most common illnesses, but is not inclusive of all reasons for exclusion):
· Any illness that prevents a child from participating comfortably in co-op activities. · Fever of 99.5 degrees and above. · Diarrhea · Vomiting. · Severe coughing. · Runny nose not related to allergies, etc. · Rash: unless a physician has determined it is not contagious. · Purulent conjunctivitis: (defined as pink or red conjunctiva with white or yellow eye discharge) until the child has been on antibiotics for 24 hours. · Impetigo until 24 hours after treatment. · Strep throat: until 24 hours after treatment. · Chickenpox: until all lesions have dried and crusted (usually 6 days).
We will send children home when they exhibit any of the above symptoms. Children must remain symptom free for 24 hours before returning to co-op.
Inclement Weather Policy
- If Mecklenburg County Schools are closed:
- All Co-op classes are cancelled. Teachers may contact their students with any assignments to complete for the following week.
- If Mecklenburg County Schools are opening one or two hours late:
- Co-op starts on time on Wednesdays.
- Note to parents: if your family finds the roads in your area too dangerous to make it in, please stay at home.